- the state of being a father.
38 days left until my sons original due date. 38. Days. (Sarah is currently measuring 2 weeks ahead so I guess he could come in 19 days. )
19 or 38, or 180 days…I sit here, in my dark living room (with the air cranked up because Sarah is at work – love ya babe) and wonder – am I ready? Are we ready? Is the house ready? Is his room ready? Is my bank account ready? So many things to get “ready” for.
The house may still need some organizing, and the bank account could use an extra zero, but I think we are ready.
We are ready to be the best parents possible.
I specifically am ready to be the best father possible.
I am ready to selflessly love my son, from the moment he takes his first breath, and until I take my last.
I heard yesterday that a dad who was not very talkative decided to write letters to his unborn son. Well, I don’t mind talking – but I sure do love writing. So…here goes nothin’.
From the moment we found out we were pregnant I prayed for it to be a boy – and look where we are now!
You will be here before we know it and I cannot wait to meet you! I can’t wait to hold you in my arms and look down at your beautiful face.
I am a little late to this writing you letters thing and I can’t promise I’ll get to write another one before you comes so I’ll tell ya what – in case I don’t get to, here are some things I promise to do as your Daddy:
- I promise to love you unconditionally. This mean no matter what you do/say or decide to be I will always love you.
- I promise to not make the same mistakes my father did.
- I promise to be silly all the time so you know it is OK to have fun.
- I promise to cry when I am happy or sad so you know it is OK to show emotion.
- I promise to love and cherish your mother so you know how to treat those you love.
- I promise to read to you as much as I can. Books will transport you to new i worlds and I hope you love them as much as I do.
- I promise to always make time for you – no matter how tired I am!
Ya know kid, I could go on and on with my promises. Bottom line is this: I promise to be the best dad possible and do everything in my power to help you succeed.
Love you always and forever,